Does QTP support ???
Consider the following queries –
- Does QTP 10 support Windows 7?
- Does QTP 10/11 support IE 9?
- Does QTP 11 support any particular Firefox/Chrome version?
These are few among the many common questions that automation testers would want to know when they start with an automation project or when they work on some POC/their own learning.
As previously mentioned in this blog (in QTP Product Availability Matrix article), the best place to find out this information is HP website itself. But for that you would need to find out the HP support page URL, sign-up for HP Passport (if you don’t have one) and then search the PAM in the support page.
So, as an alternative, we have come up with an MS excel tracker, where (to start with) we have added the support information for the most common components i.e. – operating systems, browsers and virtualization products.
All you have to do here is select the QTP version and the component. The tracker would list out all the supported products together with the patch names (if any).
Please Note: Currently this tracker supports a limited amount of “does qtp support …” information. We would be adding support information for other components as per requirement.
Support information available for
QTP Versions – QTP 10, QTP 11, UFT 11.50, UFT 11.51, UFT 11.52
Supported Products information about – Operating Systems, Browsers, Virtualization Products
Some important points for your consideration
1) All the information in the excel tracker has been collected from the latest Product Availability Matrix PDFs available in HP website.
2) From our end, we would try to keep this document up to date. In case, you find any discrepancies, please report it to us using email or using the comments section below.
3) If the information you are looking for is not available in this tracker, or if you want to check the correctness of the information, you can always refer to the PAM docs available at HP support page. You can refer this link to search for the PAM PDF – Download QTP Product Availability Matrix from HP website.