UFT/QTP Tutorial update – Currently 30+ detailed articles. We are constantly updating this list by adding new articles.
This page lists down detailed and information rich UFT (formerly QTP) Tutorials for beginners as well as experienced users of UFT. If you are a beginner, it is advised that you go through the articles one after the other as mentioned in the list. So let’s get started
UFT/QTP Tutorials for Beginners
1. What Basic Concepts should you Know!!! – The Checklist lists out the concepts that you should learn as part of your basic training of QTP.
2. Test Automation and QTP – The ZeroTH Step (PPT): provides a basic idea about what you would be doing as part of test automation and how QTP will assist you to do that work.
3. Getting Started with QTP : General Introduction: Here in this article, you would see what QTP is all about and what you do with it.
4. Before starting with automation of any application, you should try to find out if Your Application is a Good Candidate for QTP Automation?
5. Download UFT 12.5 Trial Version from HP if you have not already done so.
6. VBScript Tutorials
- Introduction to VBScript
- Operators in VBScript
- Writing Programs in VBScript
- Conditional statements in VBScript
- Loop Statements in QTP
- Using Nested Loops in QTP
- Writing Sub Procedures & Functions in QTP
7. Common Inbuilt Functions that you will use in QTP.
- Important string manipulation in-built functions
- VBScript Arithmetic functions that can be used in QTP
8. Descriptive Programming in QTP
- Descriptive Programming Basics, Syntax and Examples
- Using Regular Expressions, Description Objects and Ordinal Identifier in Descriptive Programming
Advanced UFT/QTP Tutorials
9. QTP Framework Tutorials
- Introduction to Automation Frameworks and different types of QTP Frameworks
- eBook – Basics of QTP Frameworks (PDF)
- Linear Framework in QTP
- Modular Framework in QTP
- Data Driven Framework (using QTP Data Tables) in QTP
- Data Driven Framework using Excel Sheets – Part 1
- Data Driven Framework using Excel Sheets – Part 2
- Keyword Driven Framework in QTP – Part 1
- Keyword Driven Framework mapped at Operation Level – Part 1
- Keyword Driven Framework mapped at Operation Level – Part 2
- Keyword Driven Framework mapped at Functional Level – Part 1
- Keyword Driven Framework mapped at Functional Level – Part 2
- Basics of QTP Hybrid Framework
- Designing Hybrid Framework in QTP – Part 1
- Designing Hybrid Framework in QTP – Part 2
- Designing Hybrid Framework in QTP – Part 3
- Designing Hybrid Framework in QTP – Part 4
[We would soon come up with detailed articles for each of these concepts. Till that time, we have provided the list of concepts that you should go through as part of your QTP Basics Training. This would ensure that you do not miss out on important concepts.]
In case you have any queries regarding any of the topics covered above, please feel free to contact me using the comments section. You can also directly email me using Contact Me link.